OT-BIO: Lorraine & Gordon Nicholson

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT-BIO: Lorraine & Gordon Nicholson
  • From: Lorraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:01:26 -0700 (MST)

Hello,have been reading iris-l for over a month now, you guys cover
allot of ground in few words. The two of us have learned allot already.
We have a commercial garden *Woodland Iris" located in Modesto
CA.(birthplace of George Lucas).  Modesto is about 1 1/2 hours from San
Francisco or Sierra mountain range. Varieties total 2000+, mostly tbs.
Our soil is Sandy Loam, weather:summers very hot, days over 100.
Winters, wet and wild w/something called "Tule fog". Our field is under
water as we speak. It was under 3 times in 97, still had wonderful
bloom, growth suffered some. We both still work (support iris habit) so
iris time is a great stress reliever. Steve and Sharlyn Rocha are my
neice and nephew (iris-l list people).  They created my web page. I
would be happy to e-mail any info that we have that might be helpful to
anyone.  My e-mail address is >iris4u@pacbell.net< Keep up the great
messages and questions. By the way we got our AIS bulletin on 2-18-98.
Should include my web site >http://home.pacbell.net//iris4u/< take