OT: The Tattered Cover, Good Books, and the Convention

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: The Tattered Cover, Good Books, and the Convention
  • From: Henryanner@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:12:39 -0700 (MST)

Marte, hitting that reply button, wrote:

<< Trust me, the main TC store (adj. to Cherry Ck Shopping Mall, not very far
from the Marriott Tech Center) is big enough (4 floors) & full enough with
stacks
 & nooks & comfy reading corners that one can go in with a crowd & still
 be alone to browse to your heart's content... The clerks at the
 TC are not pushy, either, so one is left to one's own thots & pursuits --
heaven.>>

Now that is a good recommendation from someone who knows the establishment
intimately! The store is a legend in the bookselling community. Glad to hear
the legend is correct.

<< BTW, I spent my found money on 2 garden books plus the paperback version
 of "Undaunted Courage", Stephen Ambrose's treatment of the Lewis & Clark
 Expedition -- I'm a history buff as well as a gardening nut. >>

We just got some kewl things in from Daedalus on line, whom I've mentioned
before to the list,  but maybe should mention again. Unless they are all out
they had the Blackadder book of flower watercolors and some other fine
gardening and truly fine history selections last week.

http://www.daedalus-books.com/

<<Oh -- every time I've been at the library since  you mentioned "The Secret
History" to me, I've looked but it continues  to be checked out. Rats. >>

Ah yes! The Secret History, by Donna Tartt. Highbrow academic thriller. Kept
me on the edge, as they say. Keep on trying to get it.

<< Gotta go -- must see if I can post some more stuff to the List to shake
 up Walta & the others re the Denver Convention! >>

I think it will be a wonderful convention and do wish we could make it. I'd
like to see Lowell Baumunks' garden with all those fine 'forties historics,
myself. And the irises should be luminous in the mountain air.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,Va
Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com