Re: Cult I. Minutaurea

<<   does the ribbing run  longitudinally or laterally (crosswise - whatever
the right term is...). >>

I've never considered the matter in just that light. Mine have always had a
center rib the running the length of the leaf.

<< Do you know (or anyone else for that matter) if I.M. has purple based
foliage.
 Mine looks like it does, although I really want to see some new leaves before
 I pass on that.>>

I think I've lost mine in all this rain, but as I recall it has some sort of
darkish bases.

<< I have potted mine in a mix of half azalea potting mix and half regular
 potting mix with added vermiculite, perlite and sand for drainage. I wanted
 be able to try them in different locations and thought my native clay was too
 neutral to be good for them. >>

By hearsay,  I know of one plant that lived in a pot for five years and
bloomed and was very happy. If mine is still here I am going to transplant it
to one.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,Va
Henry Hall henryanner@aol.com