Re: Pot Culture (no, it's not what you think!)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Pot Culture (no, it's not what you think!)
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:00:30 -0700 (MST)

Sharon McAllister wrote:
> These should not be planted in hot
> weather and watered in -- that's a
> good recipe for rot.  The time to plant,
> whether in pots or in ground, is when
> the rhizomes have shown signs of
> breaking dormancy or similar ones
> in established beds have clearly =
> started their fall growth.

Sharon you are breaking your own rules.  "There are no absolutes!"  Here
in California I plant rhizomes in the hottest part of our summer(June,
July and August) and dump the water on them.  They are clumps by the
time they go into winter.  Go figure! :-)

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California....Having a nice sunny break today, but guess what,
more storms tomorrow.
Zone 8