Re: OT convention planning

Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan wrote:

> Marte with all the information your giving they should make you an
> honorary member of AIS.  How about Convention Co-ordinator?  I can't
> remember if you said if you are going to the convention or not?  Are you
> going?  If so, hope to see you there.

Thanks, Rick -- what a nice thot, but please don't make me an *official*
Co-ordinator! I've never joined AIS or any garden society or club to
date -- kinda quirky that way. I'm not going to the Convention per se,
or planning to attend the business meetings but am curious about some of
the meetings scheduled for the Wed. -- is this where one learns about
raising specific types of irises? Can I eavesdrop as a non-member? Also,
I'd thot there would be a flower show as part of the Convention
activities but it appears that those only happen at Regional events?
Enlighten me, please.

I do hope to tour some of the host gardens but need to find out if I can
do this as a "single", rather than driving down from Evergreen at dawn
to get on a bus at the Marriott. (Early mornings are not my thing...)

And I certainly hope to meet some of the great folks from Iris-L --
please keep me in mind if there's a rendevous in store. Maybe that's
what's on the Convention schedule on the Friday as "Iris Computer
Chatroom"???

Marte in the mtns -- Evergreen, CO