Re: Cult I. Minutaurea

Edmondas noted:

<< About leaves there is said: "Leaves narrow, strap shaped, 5 to 16 cm long,
2 =
 to 7mm wide, apex acuminate, with three to five fine weins, without =
 obvious midrib." You can be successful to identify only when you will =
 have flowering plant. >>

The Cambridge BIS book reads:

'Leaves about 8-10 cm long., 0.2-0.7 cm wide, but growing after flowering,
stong, ribbed.'

It notes further that the species is surprisingly difficult to grow, which
isn't surprising since we can't even seem to get a consistent description.
Clarence's has flowered so I will ask him if his has a rib.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,Va
Henry Hall henryanner@aol.com