Re: OT convention planning

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT convention planning
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:34:39 -0700 (MST)

Marte Halleck wrote:
> I'm not going to the Convention per se,
> or planning to attend the business meetings but am curious about some of
> the meetings scheduled for the Wed. -- is this where one learns about
> raising specific types of irises? Can I eavesdrop as a non-member?

There are usually partial registrations that you can make and I think
that these should be published along with the regular registrations.  I
can't understand why?  Some people do not want to go to the banquets,
some don't want to go on the tours, etc.. Check with the registrar to
see what would fit you.
> Also, I'd thot there would be a flower show as part of the Convention
> activities but it appears that those only happen at Regional events?
> Enlighten me, please.

I can only remember a couple Nationals in the past 10-12 years that had
a flower show, maybe Omaha or Oklahoma City.  Not sure.  Walta you
remember?  I suppose this is left to the discretion of the hosting Iris

> I do hope to tour some of the host gardens but need to find out if I can
> do this as a "single", rather than driving down from Evergreen at dawn
> to get on a bus at the Marriott. (Early mornings are not my thing...)

My sentiments, but I usually get up early and join the "herding" for the
buses.  I wish the conventions would come up with a better loading
system...reminds me of penning cattle.  Perhaps the registrar can work
something out for you.

> And I certainly hope to meet some of the great folks from Iris-L --
> please keep me in mind if there's a rendevous in store. Maybe that's
> what's on the Convention schedule on the Friday as "Iris Computer
> Chatroom"???

Yes we (I'm speaking for everybody and I don't care) want to meet you
too.  Iris Computer Chatroom should cover the iris-l.

> Marte in the mtns -- Evergreen, CO

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California