Re: Cult I. Minutaurea

<<Actually, Anner, I thought someone was ribbing us right from the
 beginning. Obviously, the Minutaurea is a lot of bull in the middle of a
 maze. >>

No, that is an invalid Theseus.

(Tee hee)

But you know, I was thinking this evening about this business of "ribbing" on
the leaves and how the references shouldn't be a varience on this, really,
since it is a pretty obvious characteristic.

Now, my plant came from We-Du several years back, as did the one that lived in
the pot and, unless that fellow fibbed to me, bloomed in the pot. My plant,
which never bloomed ( I had assumed because it didn't get adequate sun at the
right time of the early spring)  had a little midrib, and the leaves elongated
markedly through the season, which is not a characteristic I associate with
dwarf acorus. But maybe the guy did fib, or maybe we got different plants from
We-Du. Suppose the ribs the BIS book is talking about are faint parallel ribs
running the length of the leaves, and not a midrib. This would certainly make
the description more like the Waddick book.

Anyway, I wrote Clarence.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,Va
Henry Hall henryanner@aol.com