Re: Pot Culture (no, it's not what you think!)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Pot Culture (no, it's not what you think!)
  • From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:43:28 -0700 (MST)

Rick Tasco wrote:

>> Completely dormant ones?
>> No roots? =3D
>> No leaves?
>> Not even a sign of a growing point?

>  Sharon,  Sorry but I've never seen rhizomes like that (well, maybe in
>  Wal Mart)! :-). =

Oh, the ones that have entered a
state of permanent dormancy???

Sorry my earlier post wasn't clear.  I =

meant only to caution against =

premature planting of the type whose
nature is to go fully dormant.  It's best
to plant those according to the condition =

they're in, rather than watching the
calendar.   =

The green-dormant types are another
matter entirely and I'm not at all surprised
by your success story.

Sharon McAllister