  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Dormancy?
  • From: "Juri Pirogov" <jukp@aha.ru>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:19:26 -0700 (MST)

Hi fellow listers,

Two years before I received a parcel with TBs and SDBs from Australia. I
planted them in the bed in middle May. Some lost terminal fun because of
late frost, but all started grow successfully except one SDB that sat
without growth and had only small funs about 1/4 inch at increases till the
winter. Next spring a growth didn't appeared so I dig a rhyzome and found
that it had not any roots. Pained I left it in the room and forgot it. In
one month I found it and planted again in the bed, but without hopes for
success. How was my surprise when I found new funs at that place! (after
1.5 year after first planting)
What could be caused so long story?

Moscow, Russia