Re: OT convention planning

>> And I certainly hope to meet some of the great folks from Iris-L --
>> please keep me in mind if there's a rendevous in store. Maybe that's
>> what's on the Convention schedule on the Friday as "Iris Computer
>> Chatroom"???

Marte:  Conventions are as much about people as they are about irises - and,
with that in mind, you might rethink your plan to drive to the gardens as a
'single'.  Riding the buses is fun in that you become a small community and
will certainly enjoy the flavor of the convention more when you get to know
more of the convention.

For MY part, I'm the person who has made the Iris-L nametags for the past
couple of years and I'll be happy to do so again for anyone who doesn't have
one.  These are bright yellow tags with your name AND your e-mail address on
them - laminated - with a pinback.  Easy to spot other computer folks and easy
to read their names from a distance without being too obvious (I use a BIG
CHUNKY font).

Also, for the past few years, I've gotten dragged into the computer meeting on
the wrong side of the table although I know virtually NOTHING about computers
beyond what I personally do with them.  This year, with Mike Lowe and Jim
Wilson's help, maybe we'll actually get prepared and be able to be a bit more

So.... I'll start taking names starting NOW of anyone who will be coming to
convention who does NOT have an Iris-L nametag.  Raise your hand and be sure
to put NAMETAG in the subject line so I don't miss you.

Kathy Guest in
East Aurora, NY