Re: Pot Culture (no, it's not what you think!)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Pot Culture (no, it's not what you think!)
  • From: Diana Louis <glouis@rogerswave.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:46:36 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Sharon McAllister wrote:

> Rick Tasco wrote:
> >> Completely dormant ones?
> >> No roots? =3D
> >>
> >> No leaves?
> >> Not even a sign of a growing point?
> >  Sharon,  Sorry but I've never seen rhizomes like that (well, maybe in
> >  Wal Mart)! :-). =
> Oh, the ones that have entered a
> state of permanent dormancy???
> Sorry my earlier post wasn't clear.  I =
> meant only to caution against =
> premature planting of the type whose
> nature is to go fully dormant.  It's best
> to plant those according to the condition =
> they're in, rather than watching the
> calendar.   =

Sharon, When should these ones be planted. Problem is if the ground
is frozen hard I guess I could put them into pots but I am not
enthusiastic about this because the house is so dry in the winter.
The question is when do these ones become undormant?

  > The green-dormant types are
another > matter entirely and I'm not at all surprised
> by your success story.
> Sharon McAllister 73372.1745@compuserve.com

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> <- private email address
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
AIS, CIS, SIGNA, IRIS-L, Canadian Wildflower Soc.

URL for the North American Native Irises web page