Re: OT: Winter in LA(?)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Winter in LA(?)
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 09:08:12 -0700 (MST)

Jeff and Carolyn Walters wrote:
> Gerry Snyder writes:
> >
> > Gerry, glad that LA is having a real winter (unlike the last two years)
> > gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
> > Warm, winterless Los Angeles
> Which is it, Gerry?
> Folks in more strenuous climates might claim that a rainy season is not a
> "real winter" in any case. (-:

Picky, picky, picky!

At least no one will accuse me of a foolish consistency.

What I meant by the first comment is that it has got down into the 40s a few
times in January and February (with two frosts but no snow or freezes), with no
highs in the 80s. The last two years March and April were cooler than Jan & Feb.

The second means that most of the world would not consider that to be winter, as
you indicated.

Gerry, looking forward to spring here and then in Colorado
gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles
President of San Fernando Valley Iris Society