Re:barbaric merchandising practises (was Spring planting)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re:barbaric merchandising practises (was Spring planting)
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 10:26:47 -0700 (MST)

>>last year i discovered they have started to sell dried iris in plastic bags
>>during the spring.
>>normally they use to sell lilys and dahlias with that method and thats ok.
>>but iris........
I saw this yesterday among the bagged phlox and astilbe at the local Home
Depot. The plastic sack was filled with what appeared to be peat. There was
a whole box of these bagged irises that claimed to be Stepping Out. I
almost bought one just to see what it would do, but then it occurred to me
the company would benefit by my purchase!

Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
257 feet above sea level,
average rainfall about 50 inches (more than 60" in '97)
average relative humidity (at 6 a.m.) 84%.
moderate winters, hot summers ... but lots of seesaw action in all seasons