Re: Re:barbaric merchandising practises (was Spring planting)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Re:barbaric merchandising practises (was Spring planting)
  • From: Irisquilt@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 10:48:38 -0700 (MST)

you don't have to wait for spring to see these.  Our reputable Garden center
gets good stock from what we irisarians consider a good source--but leave it
on the shelves from July-Oct and it may grow but as Juri says it will take a
few years.  They could (but gardeners are not alway too knowledgeable) send
an order to the same supplier and receive at their mailbox vialable plant
material at probably less for the same Stepping Out, Edith Wolfrom, etc. or
they'll send to a general garden mailorder and pay more for unnamed iris and
then a couple years later want us on Iris-l to identify this blue iris- there
are probabaly 5000 named and registered blue iris.  Whoa! It just doesn't
work that way.  Anna Mae, Kalamazoo MI z 5, where we've had a very mild
temperatures and hardly any snow or sunshine.