Re: OT: A little bull; was Cult I. Minutaurea

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: A little bull; was Cult I. Minutaurea
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 17:58:50 -0700 (MST)

John I. Jones wrote:
> J. Griffin Crump wrote:
> >
> > Henryanner@aol.com wrote:
> > >
> > > In a message dated 98-02-20 15:03:37 EST, you write:
> > >
> > > <<   does the ribbing run  longitudinally or laterally (crosswise - whatever
> > > the right term is...). >>
> > >

> > Actually, Anner, I thought someone was ribbing us right from the
> > beginning. Obviously, the Minutaurea is a lot of bull in the middle of a
> > maze.
> >
> Wouldn't it really be a little bull in the middle of a maze?
>                          |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
>                          |  to indicate the edge of the known world.
> John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com

Well, John, I suppose that depends on how you view the legendary
Minotaur, a half-human, flesh-eating bull of uncertain parentage
(offspring of Pasiphae (( wife of Minos, King of Crete)) and the Cretan
bull), housed in the Labyrinth (maze) constructed by Daedalus, father of
Icarus, who, attempting to escape the maze, flew too close to the sun
with his waxen wings and crashed big-time as a result. Personally, I (at
200 lbs) wouldn't have wanted to face the Minotaur on a good day. On the
other hand, facing Minutoaurea, I think I would have been able to stomp
that little sucker flat on a bad day.