Is it Spring Yet?

All winter, I've just been reading my Iris-L in digest form, planning my
purchases and garden daydreaming...then today I spotted a patch of
yellow in my still winterkilled garden. A  bunch of Iris danfordiae! I
got them in the late fall at the local BJs wholesale Club for
practically nothing!! They are blooming their tiny heads off...can
spring be far behind and a better question, when did spring start coming
right after autumn? Anna, lurking in NJ