Re: OT convention planning

<< Anna Mae wrote:
 I forgot to mention that I was in charge of arrangements for 2 banquets for
 500 seated at 10 tables and I live 150 mi. from Detroit.  I had good help but
 .and I really didn't want to be that involved.  We had to move the line
 materials from Kalamazoo and hope they had flowers in the Detroit area as we
 go for the section meetings and then it takes a few hands to do 55
 arrangements in 1 hour.  It had to be simple and I think they turned out
 well.  Certainly the chairman and committee can't do all the tasks. >>
<<Oh, yes, do you know how many homemade cookies it takes for 500-1000
attendees at 4-6 gardens/day and most go to the refreshment table and sample
2-3 varieties of cookies?   Anna Mae >>
Anna Mae did a fantastic job with the table decorations.  Transporting the
table decorations across the state, storing them until ready, and then like
Anna Mae said putting together all the arrangements in a short time.  AND, all
this with very few garden irises blooming.  Remember last year, we had no
spring (at least here in the Detroit area.)  We were depending on local Iris
Club members who were not on tours to supply the iris blooms for the table
decorations, but no one had anything .  Another Region 6 member Doris Dehan
transported irises across the state and provided Anna Mae with irises for our
Welcome dinner.  All the cookies were make by the Lansing Society and
transported to the convention.

It does take many, many volunteers to do lots of big and little jobs.  Please
consider volunteering, even the irises from your yard.  They will welcome your
help and I'm sure you will enjoy meeting and working with fellow iris lovers.

Ann Cline