RE: OT-BIO: Dennis Kramb

Welcome, Dennis!

Hope you have space and time for all your hybridizing ideas.  They sound
wonderful.  Anything is worth trying a few times.  We did our first crosses
last summer just to see if we could do it.  But given our limited space
(standard city lot), we are probably go to sit back and consider our goals.

I love the idea of a true green iris.  Graeme Grosvenor's new book has a
colorized picture of what one might look like.  The iris I have that comes
closest to iridescent is Syncopation.  It's one of my favourites.

Your thoughts on arils are worth pursuing.  Has anyone tried crossing arils
with pseudacorus?

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)