Re: CULT: Survival out of the Ground

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Survival out of the Ground
  • From: JForte21@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:22:13 -0700 (MST)

Hi All,
Speaking of neglected, mistreated irises, I have some leftovers from summer
dividing that were meant for the compost heap, but I left them under a tree
and forgot about them.  They are now, of course, sprouting--even the ones
that are several inches off of the ground at the top of the heap.  They are
some unidentified historic variety that looks a lot like INDIAN CHIEF.

Mary Forte, Atascadero CA  where the hermodactylus (sp?), reticulatas, Dark
Crystal, Crimson King and Mountain Violet are all blooming and lots of other
things are thinking about it.