Re: OT: Tornadoes

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Tornadoes
  • From: Mark Thornsburg <thrnsbrg@flash.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:02:18 -0700 (MST)

william b. cook wrote:

>      The area around Orlando was plastered by tornadoes last night.  The
> area I am in was spared, thankfully.

Thank goodness!

>   Its like those darned things follow me around.

Mark: it's no use trying to hide from them: when I was 5, a funnel cloud
almost touched down on my street while my grandparents were visiting for
dinner...(I still remember mom running through the house to get my heart
medicine) and then 4 years ago, while I was taking a trip with my
grandparents, my grandfather DROVE RIGHT THROUGH ONE!!! (okay, so maybe it was
a dust devil)  And then,  the front porch to my grandparents' (but it was
always open to the whole family) cabin on the lake was destroyed by a
tornado.  Hmmm....maybe they follow my grandparents, not me...