>> nt

>> >Juri -- I am not an authority on this, but am not aware of any after
>> >TRUDY (Tompkins, R. '64). You might want to review the thread on WABASH
>> >and recessive amoenas last January and February in the Archives.
>> >
>> >Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA
>> >jgcrump@erols.com
>>  Lloyd Zurbrigg  We should ceertainly mention Barry Blyth of Australia, who
>> has been working the recessive amoenas for many years. There have been many
>> comments fairly recently about these.  Griff; I was surprised to learn of
>> your work in this field. A difficult field indeed!. L Z in Durham NC
>Lloyd -- Thanks for chiming in on this. You may or may not recall our
>lunch session of a couple of years ago at the Region 4 meeting in
>Leesburg, VA. I asked a lot of questions during that lunch, and perhaps
>didn't emphasize that my breeding was especially of recessive amoenas. I
>appreciated your advice on breeding in general.
>Your mentioning of Barry Blyth's "working the recessive amoenas" may
>explain why certain of his cultivars have worked so well with my
>recessive amoenas.  I am looking forward to talking with him at our
>upcoming Region 4 meeting this spring. Are you planning to be there?
>Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA
Dear Griff:  Yes, I am certainly hoping and planning to be at Region 4
meeting. I spent a lot of effort on recessive amoenas forty years ago,
including pink amoenas. I gave it up with the advent of Paul Cook's
dominant amoenas. But I have still done a few BAROQUE PRELUDE was a good
yellow one, and a full sibling to I DO! I also had a brown amoena
introduced the year before TRUDY. It is CARMEL SUNDAE. Some Americans would
not grow it because to them I misspelled "Caramel". However, Carmel is the
Canadian spelling. One lady in New England wrote to me that C.Sundae was
her favorite iris. Lloyd Z.