RE: Speciation & Classification

Thank you, Ian, for the clarification.  I often hear about the
reclassifications but not why the plants are reclassified.  It's nice to
know that cross-fertility is becoming more important in classification.  I
have a very good grasp of taxonomy in the animal kingdom and worked on
population genetics of black flies when I was at university but botany bored
me at that time.  It's something that I regret now.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada