Re: recessive amoenas

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: recessive amoenas
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:30:45 -0700 (MST)

L.Zurbrigg wrote:
>Dear Griff:  Yes, I am certainly hoping and planning to be at Region 4
> meeting. I spent a lot of effort on recessive amoenas forty years ago,
> including pink amoenas. I gave it up with the advent of Paul Cook's
> dominant amoenas. But I have still done a few BAROQUE PRELUDE was a good
> yellow one, and a full sibling to I DO! I also had a brown amoena
> introduced the year before TRUDY. It is CARMEL SUNDAE. Some Americans would
> not grow it because to them I misspelled "Caramel". However, Carmel is the
> Canadian spelling. One lady in New England wrote to me that C.Sundae was
> her favorite iris. Lloyd Z.

Lloyd -- What has happened to BAROQUE PRELUDE and CARMEL SUNDAE in the
interim? Do you still have them? Or have you (shudder) ditched them in
favor of more hybridizing space? I don't remember seeing them when we
visited your garden last year during the Region 4 meeting. Glad to hear
you're coming to the Region 4 meeting in Towson. I'll look forward to
seeing you there.

Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA, where I hope
the rain will stop before it drowns everything.  jgcrump@erols.com