Re: Var. I. pseudacorus 'Ivory'

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Var. I. pseudacorus 'Ivory'
  • From: Curt Marble <cmarble@tiac.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:38:01 -0700 (MST)

At 06:11 PM 2/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>	Does anyone on the list know if the pseudacorus 'Ivory' pictured
>on the April 1997 BAIS is the same as the 'Ivory' sold by Joe Pye Weed?
>	Kathy Marble, can you answer this?

Yup, the very same.  I got it at the Northeast Agogon Auction, but it was
donated by Marty and Jan (Joe Pye Weed's).  The dark leaf behind 'Ivory' is
Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' which I prune back hard each spring to keep
as a shrub rather than a tree.  I find it a pleasing contrast in color and

Kathy Marble
Harvard, MA   zone 5