Fox Brook Iris 1998 Beardless Iris List

Here are the plants that we have listed for 1998, if anyone would like
to know if we have anything else, please email me, I would be happy to
let you know

Species Iris and Interspecific Hybrids 1998
Fox Brook Iris Farm, Andrew Wheeler,90 Call rd. Colrain Ma.01340
413-624-8800 or e-mail foxbrook@javanet.com
I. Cristata  Light Blue.  Tiny crested iris, forms ground cover. Prefers Non-Alkaline, woodland soil.
I. Cristata  White.  Tiny crested iris, forms ground cover. Prefers Non-Alkaline, woodland soil.
I. Cristata "Shenandoah Sky" Also light blue, shade is slightly lighter. Early, woodland soil.
I. Graminea -the plum tart iris- requires full sun, good drainage. Delicate sm. purple flowers.
I. Ruthenica Tiny (2-3 inches in height) Red purple flowers. Prefers Non-Alkaline {Woodland} soil.
I. Sanguinea "Kobana"  Rare Siberian species, small white flowers and grassy foliage, Novelty, will vigorously form clumps.
I. Setosa "Moorsee" Tet, flowers are held differently than normal setosa. Blu/purp w/many buds
I. Setosa 'Kirigamini'  DEEP violet blue flowers on 1-2 ft. stalks, Plant is possibly a natural Setosa x Laevigata Hybrid (from Japan). Vigorous
I. Setosa "Kosho En" White, hardy, extreme North American native with high bud count.
I. Setosa 'white' buds are pink, flowers fade white,slightly shorter than Kosho-En (12ft.)
I. Siberica nana alba  8-12 in. delicate, pure white flowers, vigorous.
I. Siberica "Snow Prince" Very delicate off-white flower with many buds, avg height.
Water Iris
I. Laevigata Alba White double form with lilac tracing on the styles.
I. Laevigata Albopurpurea Colchesterensis Dark blue, flat double with narow white edges on the falls.
I. Laevigata Albopurpurea Monstrosa Like Colch., except wider white edge and lighter blue color.
I. Laevigata "Midnight Wine" Dark red single form. color is very nice.
I. Laevigata "Regal" Elegant deep red purple single form with a bright yellow signal.
I. Laevigata "Regal" 'English' Like regal but a lighter rose magenta with smaller standards than "regal".
I. Laevigata "Royal Cartwheel" Navy blue purple with white splash.
I. Laevigata 'Snowdrift' Snowdrift is the name given to white laevigatas in Japan, this is a three fall single form with slightly purple style arms.
I. Pseudacorus "Sun Cascade" bright yellow double (and more). false alias: "pagoda double"
I. Pseudacorus x I. Versicolor "Seuver Frumenty" (854 Ellis)Blue/violet, fertile. grows well in wet or dry
I. Robusta (I. Versicolor x I. Virginica) 'Beetroot'  Very hardy, w/ violet virginica sized flowers.
I. Robusta (I. Versicolor x I. Virginica) "Gerald Darby" (Darby '67) Purple colored stalks and foliage with large blue violet veined flowers.
I. SpecX Versicolor x Laevigata "Asian Alliance"(Witt for Horinaka '88) Falls med red violet, stds lighter
I. SpecX (Versata x versicolor) "Belle Promesse" (Huber r.'93) Deep blue purple, high bud count.
I. SpecX 'Biversata 94-074'  (Huber) Fertile purple with hint of pink.  Long bloom time. (2N=120)
I. SpecX  (Versata x ensata) "Enfant Prodige"(Huber r.'93) Beautiful tall pink ensata type flower. Stalk has 7+ buds,  Has bloomed for me for a month!
I. SpecX  'F2 Orange' Intense yellow Pseudacorus hybrid. different.
I. SpecX  ((Pseudacorus x ?) X self) "Holden's Child" Clear red violet versicolor-like flowers.
I. SpecX  (Versata x versicolor) "Nouvel Age" (Huber r.92) S, purple violet, F darker, yel pointed signal.
I. SpecX (Versata) "Oriental Touch" (Huber 93) Med violet with short, striking creamy midrib on falls.
I. SpecX 'Versicolor x I. Pseudacorus' Yellow, fertile. Robust plant habit.
I. Versicolor "Between the Lines" (Schafer/Sacks '91) White with violet veins. distinctive.
I. Versicolor "China West Lake" (Waddick '96) Wine purple, definatley different flower color from U.S.
I. Versicolor "Kreighoff" (Huber '93) Deep red purple contrasts yellow signal, collected from the Laurention Mts, Canada. Very nice, distictive color.
I. Versicolor "Pink Peaks" Dark pink with white signal veined pink. Many, many buds.
I. Virginica 'Orchid' Orchid pink flowers. This selected cultivar has the largest flowers I have seen.
I. Virginica "Shrevei" Robust plant, blue violet standards, and elongated blue violet falls
I. Virginica 'Violet-Purple'  Wide leaves, large, robust plants.  Virginicas grow in either wet or dry areas.
Louisiana Iris "Dorothea K. Wiliamson" ( ) Dark purple, very hardy.
Some plants are in limited supply. Reserve early . All plants on this list are potted and are priced at $4.00 [Except I.Laevigata which are $8.00].  We have many, many more varieties in the garden, please ask.

Japanese Iris 1998
Agrippinella (Straw '80) 6F Dk. rose shaded from a white halo and rays to a dker border.
Betteryet (Hazzard '66) 3F S dark lavender, edged white, F white & Blue w/ violet rays.
Blue Pompon (Marx '59) 6F Uniform deep blue.
Burbot (Copeland '76) 6F Short ruffled white with yellow styles for effect of light yellow center.
Cascade Crest (Aitken "88) 6F White with one inch band of blue, blue styles.  Payne Award winner.
Chigokesho (Seto 39') 6F White with orchid brushing around signal.
Crystal Halo (Marx '58) 6F Purple centers w/ one inch white halo edge, purple veins.
Dancing Waves (Payne '64 ) 6 F Late Light ground with purple halo and veins out to mulberry purple edges, lg. dk. purple styles. White wire rims.
Dirigo Debutante (White '94) 3F S veined violet, styles edged and tufted violet, F white ground sanded violet.
Frilled Enchantment (Marx '59) 6F White, narrow borders of rose red, ruffled edges.
Geisha Gown (Maddocks '63) 6F Clear white veined deep rose purple.
Gosan-no-takara (Soc for Jap iris r92) 18, 3-6 F white w/thick red-purple edge, very distinctive.
Joyous Cavalier (Marx '50) 3F white edged purple.
Kyokko (Tomino r. '92)  3F Light pink with darker rose veining.
Ling( Copeland '84) 6F. Tall ivory self with cream styles.
Lorenzaccio (Paolucci/Conningham '79) 6+F Standards heavily ruffled dark red, Falls lighter.
Magic Ruby (Payne '62) 6F Deep red purple self, dark purple styles.
Mist Falls ( Marx'67 )6F Ruffled, large lavender blue self with white wire rim.
Oriental Royalty (McEwen '86) 3F Red purple.
Over the Waves (Marx '59) 6F White with light purple border, stippled.
Pink Lips( Bush'89) 3F. St. pink F. cream veined orchid-pink.
Prairie Elf (Hazzard '81) 3F White with purple/violet veining.
Prairie Fantasy (Hazzard '81)6F Ruffled white with dk. violet veining, white halo,violet stylearms.
Prairie Glory (Hazzard '72) 3F Dark red violet bicolor with very dark red violet veining.
Prairie Noble (Hazzard '72) 6F Blue violet/white bicolor, white border, dark blue violet veining, dark halo.
Prairie Sapphire( Hazzard'70) 6F Blue-violet bitone, dk. blue-violet veining.
Prairie Twilight(Hazzard'77) 3F St. and styles lite red violet , F silvery blue violet , darker halo, Early, Tall.
Returning Tide (McEwen '76) 3FSt. violet-blue, falls lighter blue, styles same.
Rose Adagio (Payne '68) 9F White, stippled and lightly veined rose, for the appearence of pink.
Rose Queen ('89 r Society for Jap Irises ) 3F S rose pink F rose pink veined darker
Royal Crown(Marx '60) 6F White, deep beet red border, white halo, white veins.
Royal One (Ackerman '89)   F Pale lavender veined darker.
Sea Titan (Marx '57) 6F. Veronica blue self.
Springtime Showers (Reid '86) 3F Very early, falls white marbled pale orchid and rosy lavender.
Storm at Sea (Marx '54) 6 F. Lavender and deep purple blend, deep purple veins.
Summer Storm (Marx '55) 6F dark purple ruffled self with petaloids.
Syokko (Tomino r '91) 3F Pale pink self, delicate substance.
Taiko (Hirao by Soc for Jap iris '92) Six fall ruffled red purple with bold white centers and veins.
Vintage Festival (Payne '64) 6 F Pansy violet, veined darker, prominent light edging.
Virginia B (Hazzard r '72) 3F Bright blue violet Bi-tone with a yellow signal.  Very nice!
Wind Drift ( Stahly'83) 3F St. white marbled light to heavily red-violet. Falls ruffled white.
Winged Sprite (Payne'65) 6 F. Light blue-violet, white halo  and veins, white styles with violet crests. short.

All plants on this list are potted and are priced at $6.00. We have many many more varieties in the garden.

Siberian Iris 1998
Annick (McEwen '86)Minature 12" Dark violet blue veined darker on falls, white signal.
Appaloosa Blue (Bellagamba '84)Medium blue dappled white toward center. Different!
Baby Sister (McEwen'86)Minature 6" Violet Blue, veined daker on falls, white signal.                                                                                                 Bellissima (Warburton '83)Standards white ,styles fringed , falls same with ruffles.
Bridal Jig (Schafer/Sacks '93) White with small recent shaped deep yellow signal.
Butter and Sugar (McEwen '76) Standards white, falls yellow.
Careless Sally (Schafer/Sacks '96) Rufled blend of pastel rose, blue and yellow. Reblooms.
Coronation Anthem (Hollingworth '90) Large, ruffled mid-deep blue, cream yellow signal blaze.
Deep Shade (Warburton '72) Deep violet purple with white style arms striking!
Devil's Dream (Schafer/Sacks '90) Bright wine red, lots of buds per stalk.
Fine Tuned (Warburton '85) Violet blue self, styles aqua midrib, occaisional. rebloom.
Esther C.D.M. (McGarvey '82) Beautiful, large medium white. Not widely distributed.
Festival Prelude (Helsley '92) Early. Standards dark violet, falls violet with darker veining , distinctive.
George Henry (Warburton '82) White with gold signal.
Glanusk (Foster r. '90) Big flowered tet, mid blue with slight ruffling.  (not yet introduced)
Hanagasumi (Hiroshi Shimizu, not registered)  Nice lav-pink, large flowers. Sent to 96 Sib Convention.
Harbor Mist (Waite '85) Light violet blue self, very light blue styles.
Harpswell Chanteuse (McEwen '92) tet, standards white, falls creamy white, ruffled.
Harpswell Hallelujah (McEwen '83) Violet blue veined darker, slight silver edge.
High Standards (Hollingworth '86) Tet. Very tall dark blue purple yellow and white signal.
Isabelle (Warburton '89) Light yellow with ruffling and darker veins.
Just Because (Schafer/Sacks '94) Ruffled smooth blue-violet self.
King of Kings (Varner '83) White with green veining.  Mogan Wood Medal 1990.
Kobana (Obtained from Japan '68)  Plain white w/ very small petals. very delicate shape, very vigorous.
Lady Walpole ( Schafer/Sacks '96) Medium blue-violet w/ some ruffling, 6 buds per stalk.
Laughing Brook (Waite '84) Dk violet purple, white signal. light violet style arms.
Lavender Light (McEwen '73) Lavender with small white blaze.
Lee's Blue (Bauer/Coble '94) Light blue with violet shading, some darker blue veining.
Little White (McEwen '68) Miniature white self.
Mad Magenta (Warburton '87) Wide magenta self with blueish shoulders.
Magenta Moment( Helsley'93) Lightly ruffled brilliant magenta red, slight white signal.
Mesa Pearl (Bauer/Coble '94) S. Pale lav veined blue, fls same w/ cream streak, turquoise midrib on styles.
Moon Silk (Stahly '91) S. cream white, F bright yellow at signal fading lighter towards edges, some ruffling.
Navy Fanfare(Warburton '83) Blue with dark navy shoulders, aqua styles. RARE
Pleasures of May(Schafer/Sacks'95)Standards white tinted lavender, styles white, falls light violet.
Percheron (Warburton'80) S violet veined and dappled F purp violet veined & dappled. Large and ruffled.
Purple Prose ( Warburton '86) Ruffled silky purple self, feathered mid-ribs on styles.
Reddy Maid (McEwen '78) Very dark wine red, white blaze.
Reprise (Warburton '87) Great rebloom, flowers are med purple w/ irridescent, glowing quality at twilight.
Rill (Bellagamba '91) Med blue with small ray white pattern and white styles.
Roaring Jelly (Schafer/Sacks'92) Red, purple and maroon effect, white signal with blue flush.
Sailor's Fancy( Schafer/ Sacks '91) S Lt. blue ground, dker veins and shadowing F mid-blue violet/ dker 		veins and shading, yellow signal, ruffled.
Shaker's Prayer (Warner '89) Very tall siberica type, S violet, F lilac veins over white gound w/yellow hafts
Shirley Pope (McEwen '79) Velvet dark purple, large white signal, beautiful form.
Silver Rose (Warburton '85) Pale pink stds, pinkish white styles and rosy falls.
Snow Prince (Tiffney '90) S white with cream-ivory falls and butterscotch halft marks.
Springs Brook (Warburton '88) Blue violet blend, standards white with blue violet veining and shading. 		White styles/aqua midrib . Large flowers, Reblooms.
Sprinkles (Bauer/Coble '94) Standards lavender with peppering, falls lavender with violet lavender spinkles.
Sweet Surrender (Hollingworth '92) Med. wine red w/ white blaze, light blue style arms with a red rim.

Trim the Velvet  (Schafer/Sacks '95) Rich, dark blue purple self, white edge. Tall.
Vicki Ann (Warburton '90) Vigorous, vibrant light blue, white signals.
Welfenschatz (Ahlburg r. '90) Standards cream-white, falls yellow. Not introduced.
White Triangles (Warburton '87) Beautiful, large white self.
Windwood Spring (Hollingworth) '84 Mid light blue self with prominent yellow blaze.
	All Siberians are priced at $4.00 and again, some plants are in limited supply, so be sure to reserve early.
	 All plants on this list are potted in the spring for later delivery or dug in the spring for shipment  immediately.  We are only able to dig during a very brief period during the spring (usually late April), which is at mother natures discretion and so we recommend shipping only to like climates in the spring. We find that potting in the spring is the best stimulant for root growth in beardless iris, almost universally. We have many, many more varieties in the garden so please call if you are looking for something special.  Also, we do not substitute without permission.
	There is a minimum order for our mail order customers of 20 dollars, plus five dollars shipping.  Add one dollar for each five additional  plants. (5-10 plants=$5, 11-15 plants=$6, etc.)