Re: TB: Descriptions.... was Various

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TB: Descriptions.... was Various
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:59:14 -0700 (MST)

stribley wrote:
> Of some of my newly obtained varieties I don't have any idea of what =
> ORANGE CELEBRON and SUGAR DADDY.  If someone could provide this =
> information it would be greatly appreciated.

CENTER STAGE (You all down there always misspell center. :-) - (Ghio
'70) Lilac-lavender self with gold shoulders; yellow beard. Claudia Rene
X Moon River.

MOUNTAIN MELODY (J. Gibson '84) - S. smokey mulberry and yellow orange
blend; falls white, widely banded rich yellow orange, speckled smokey
mulberry; orange red beard; ruffled.  Involved parentage with a lot of
"Plum Gleam".

ORANGE (CELEBRON?) CELEBRITY (Niswonger '84) - Orange with a red beard.

SUGAR DADDY (Maryott '85) - Ruffled caramel, small violet flash on
falls; carmel beard.  Chamber Music X San Jose.

ELLEN WARE (K. Nilsen '91) - Standards melon apricot flushed pink; falls
melon apricot, pink white zone under deep orange beard; ruffled and
laced.  Loudoun Charmer X Mandolin.

CHECKERBOARD (K. Nilsen '92) - Standards white ground with deep purple
plicata markings on edge; Falls white ground with slightly paler deep
purple edge, stitching and spotting; deep blue beards.  Going My Way X
Burgundy Brown.
Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California