Re: yellow japanese?

<< A knowledgeable gardener (more than me most of the time!) and friend has
 been telling me for the past two years that there are yellow japanese
 iris.  I pooh-pooh him, but can anyone comment?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no yellow Japanese.  I believe there is
speculation that maybe there WAS a yellow JI waaaaaay back, in Japan, that was
lost to posterity.  And I believe some hybridizers are trying to cause that
beautiful yellow signal area to expand to fill the fall.....

But - IMHO - if someone tries to sell you a yellow JI, he may try to sell you
a bridge in Brooklyn next.

Walter is correct.... any "yellow JI" that I've seen offered is, in actuality,
a pseudacorus.

Kathy Guest
East Aurora, NY