Re: Iris Compatible Plants (poppies)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Iris Compatible Plants (poppies)
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:58:19 -0700 (MST)

Glenn Simmons wrote:
  If someone planted a poppy other than the California then problems
> might arise.  This was my concern when reading you post.

Uhhh...California poppies in their native habitat....here...can
sometimes reach 2 feet with an equal spread.  I realize that Marte has a
harsher climate and I'm sure they can't get to those proportions there,
however here they do and sometimes they can be biennial.  Like all
poppies they produce masses of seeds  from which new plants arise when
the winter rains come.  Loving the California poppies, but none are in
my iris field; no poppies, no weeds, nothing but iris and bare ground.
Around my home is another story!

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California