RE: yellow japanese images

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: yellow japanese images
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:58:05 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, J.F. Hensler wrote:

> Hi All,
> Dug through my old catalogs and came up with a photo of the JI being =
> marketed by Springhill. It was also marketed by Wayside quite a few =
> years back (using the same image.)
> The color should look almost exactly the same shade as the I. =
> psuedocorus flore pleno that's up for comparison (photo from Wayside). =
> The veins show in the photo as a light rose sienna.=20
> I know that photos can be "enhanced" but I'm familiar with quite a few =
> of the tricks and neither looks tampered with.
> Images are at http://www.povn.com/rock/art.html
> Make up your own minds..........
> Christy Hensler
> Newport, WA
> http://www.povn.com/rock/
	Christy, I looked at these pictures and can clearly see the
differences and appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

	Calling their  (Springhill) JI 'Lute Song' adds to the confusion
because the name LUTE SONG belongs to a pink TB introduced by Chet
Tompkins in 1960.

	Thanks for the research and scanning you did on this!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8