Re: Borbelleta Gardens

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Borbelleta Gardens
  • From: Hgrif <Hgrif@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:40:19 -0700 (MST)

The address for Borbeleta Gardens has been posted elsewhere.  just a note
about my experience with them in recent years.  I have found as has already
been mentioned that divisions are not very generous in some cases.  Otherwise
the plants seem to be healthy and I have no greater problem getting them to
grow than those purchased from other growers.  A word of caution though.  Be
sure to check their listings with the checklist to be sure the cultivars are
properly registered with the AIS.  I did receive one or two plants that are
not registered - one is called Raspberry Snow and I lost the other.

By way of introduction I grow over 200 varieties of Siberians and an equal
niumber of Japanese along with about 1000 varieties of TB's in south central
Pennsylvania, near Gettysburg.  Some of you may have been to my garden at the
'95 convention.

Harold L. Griffie
Orchard Country Iris Garden