Re: Iris book

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Iris book
  • From: JimTem <JimTem@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 21:13:03 -0700 (MST)

I just got this book about a week ago and have enjoyed it as an old book about
irises.  Part of the dustjacket review includes:
	" Presenting a clear and concise analysis of those vatieties most popular
with the amateur growers for whom the book has been written, Mr. Randel
discusses in detail the techniques required for successful cultivation.
	The opening chapters deal with bullbous, Siberian, Pacific Coast, Louisiana
and Spuria Irises.  The main emphasis of the book then shifts and remains on
beardeds, and particularty tall beardeds, which repersent over ninty percent
of th Irises grown both in the United States and Britain.  It was with tall
beardeds that Harry Randall achieved his greatest successes, winning for
himself an international reputation.  In each section, the author covers
habits of the plants, making expert recommendations for their cultivation and
for the raising of seedlings.
	Illustrated with over 50 plates and numerous line drawings, this is a book
which will prove helpful to the beginner, yet invaluable to the more
experienced Iris grower."
	I like this book, and would recommend it for anyone.  But, then again, I do
like ALL iris books.
									Jim
									Zone 8,  (70 dregees yesterday, and 											freezing tonight)