Iris Haikus

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Iris Haikus
  • From: Daryl &Kathy Haggstrom <hagg@alaska.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:44:03 -0700 (MST)

I'd like to trade iris haikus & tankas with someone who likes to write
such. I'm interested in developing themes in haiku/tanka series, such as
"Iris in Sun", "Iris in Moonlight", "Iris of the Memory" and "Cruel
Iris".

We could develop our own set of guidelines or rules of what we require
in the series, or let it flow more loosely. The form itself is already
very rigid.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if we just "dinked" around with
whatever interested us. It's just that haikus/tankas are so suited to
snippets of visual imagery that the iris flower evokes well. Sort of a
microcosmos of a moment.

I am also thinking of starting a photograph series with them, strictly
on a personal level, allowing each to inspire and feed off the other. I
don't believe it would end up an Iris promotional type of creation,
possibly being a little more personalized.

Anyway, if anyone has this particular love, I'd be pleased to trade with
you. Please respond off-list if you don't mind. This will be
mind-numbing material for many.

Kathy Haggstrom
Anch, AK/Zone 3
(Wonderful, white snow filled days. Very mild temperatures - a little
below freezing. Many sled dog races going on, and the biggy - The
Iditarod - coming up in a week)