Companion Plants

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Companion Plants
  • From: "Ryan S. Carter" <birddog@mnsinc.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 06:38:11 -0700 (MST)

	I have been getting the beds ready for bloom, weeding, taking out
the old dead iris leaves (it seems to get rid of most of the borers) and
now I am going to re-sand and fertilize my five beds. But first I will
plant some seeds in my beds for companion plants. I will plant
Johnny-Jump-Ups and Shirley Poppies, (and maybe California Poppies) but are
there any other plants to use? I was thinking the Annual Larkspur, is that
a good plant? Any suggestions?

Ryan Carter
Five beds of irises, one hundred varieties
Half and half medians and TB's.

Winchester, VA
Youth Chairman of C & P Iris Society