Re: SPEC:regarding SIGNA website

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC:regarding SIGNA website
  • From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:48:06 -0700 (MST)

Ellen Gallagher wrote:

>         This is what turned up at 4:40 PM EST for me at this site:
> >Forbidden
> >Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.
>         What is the secret, Chris and others?

Chris writes:
There is no secret, just the mysterious ways of the web! Seriously, if this
is a new "domain name" (www.nettaxi.com) that is not yet on the registered
domain list at your ISP then when you call for the site your ISP cannot find
the hidden numerical address of the site that matches with the name and you
will not be able to connect. Some ISP's update their list more often than
others so this may be the case in this instance. Hence some people can access
no problem, others cannot. Problem should clear up with time (a week or two
maybe). Contact your own ISP and ask how often they update the list.  Other
problems could just be heavy traffic on the connecting routing links from
your ISP to the site and back. (or a combo of the above problems)

--
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b