anoth iris book and more

Hi--
I came across a charming book yesterday (bought it, natch) called irises
and Other Flowers.  the joy of it are the wonderful watercolors,
illustrations of the painting of elizabeth Blackadder.  Now of course,
think I've made a wonderful find -- but I'll bet many of you know this
book. If not, see if you can find it.  the illustrations are so gorgeous
I wish I could find a second copy so I can frame them.  Several pages of
iris law, some wonderful quotes, and interesting myth and history.
I should add that the book covers several other flowers including lilies
and peonies and the illustrations are as good.
On I. pseud, and I quote   "this was the iris. . .that guided Clovis I,
King of the Franks, and his army across the Rhine when they were in
retreat from the Goths.  They saw where the irises grew far into the
water, reasoned that the water must be shallow there, and forded the
river.  Later. . . he adopted the irisas his emblem. . . .by the twelfth
century, his flower had become the fleur-de-lys, flower of Louis VII."
Not bad for a legend about our favorite flower.
Rima  terra@catskill.net
upstate ny   zone 4