Re: recessive amoenas

>L.Zurbrigg wrote:
>>Dear Griff:  Yes, I am certainly hoping and planning to be at Region 4
>> meeting. I spent a lot of effort on recessive amoenas forty years ago,
>> including pink amoenas. I gave it up with the advent of Paul Cook's
>> dominant amoenas. But I have still done a few BAROQUE PRELUDE was a good
>> yellow one, and a full sibling to I DO! I also had a brown amoena
>> introduced the year before TRUDY. It is CARMEL SUNDAE. Some Americans would
>> not grow it because to them I misspelled "Caramel". However, Carmel is the
>> Canadian spelling. One lady in New England wrote to me that C.Sundae was
>> her favorite iris. Lloyd Z.
>Lloyd -- What has happened to BAROQUE PRELUDE and CARMEL SUNDAE in the
>interim? Do you still have them? Or have you (shudder) ditched them in
>favor of more hybridizing space? I don't remember seeing them when we
>visited your garden last year during the Region 4 meeting. Glad to hear
>you're coming to the Region 4 meeting in Towson. I'll look forward to
>seeing you there.
>Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA, where I hope
>the rain will stop before it drowns everything.  jgcrump@erols.com
Dear Griff:  One cannot keep everything. My last piece of CARMEL SUNDAe
went to Donald in Georgia last summer. BAROQUE PRELUDE is one that I should
still have kept, but do not have. The push toward rebloomers rather
upstaged the search for recessive amoenas., But this is a full sib to I DO,
so should be good for both in your breeding.  Lloyd Z in Durham SC