Re: companion plants

I thought I'd get my two cents worth in. I grew larkspur in New Mexico
and they thrived on the heat! But when I tried to grow them in Houston
they died. They seem to love the heat, but not high humidity. As
companion plants I also had peonies,delphiniums and daylilies as part of
the backbone of the flowerbed. Just give them room,so as not to crowd
and shade the iris.  I also grow lots of asiatic lilys around the iris,
besides the larkspur (of course, you pull the larkspur out when it is
through flowering). That lets in sun and air again. They not only bloom
beautifully together, but are great in flower arrangements together.
Leslie in Omaha (Wayne in Owensboro KY)