Re: HIST: RHYTHM

Hi Anner,
	Thanks for clearing up the misconception that Roger Nelson offered RHYTHM
last year. You are correct, it was LITTLE FREAK that was offered. I believe
Roger does have RHYTHM, though I am not sure that he has sufficient increase
to offer for sale. People who are interested might want to drop him a line to
inquire about it. A few years ago I gave him a few of my rare historics in the
hopes that he would be able to increase them and get them back into
circulation so they are not lost all together. Two in particular were CREAM
COCKATOO that was offered in the 50s and 60s through Lloyd Austin's catalog.
It was a gold flowering variety with cream variegated foliage. The other was
ADVANCE GUARD, a Sidney Mitchell variety that while under seedling number was
used by Lloyd Austin to create his race of Space Age irises. It seems UNICORN
was not the first SA iris. I hope Roger still has these and that they are
doing well. I would love to see them in his catalog someday.

Sterling Okase
Seattle, Washington