help! aphids? fungus?

I went out today (and what a beautiful day it is here in Cincinnati) and
pulled off dead leaves from my irises, and picked up fallen tree leaves
that were covering rhyzomes, and well, found a problem!

A small isolated patch of irises appear very unhealthy.  The main fan on
each rhyzome seems to be dying.  I pulled off the leaves and underneath
the green leaves (which were brown at the tips) I found dead leaves which
were brown, wet, and gooey.  On some of these I also found very small
green bugs and slightly larger gray bugs...which I presume are aphids at
different stages of development.  And some areas of the leaves had some
white fuzzy patches.  One rhyzome is soft at the base of the main fan,
but otherwise firm and healthy

What should I do to save the rhyzomes and prevent this from spreading to
the increases, and also from spreading to my other iris patches throughout
my yard?

Dennis
Cincinnati, Ohio