Re: Companion Plants

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Companion Plants
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 15:38:06 -0700 (MST)

>Ryan, I like Coral Bells with iris. <snip> I would think they would grow
>well for you in the South but
>someone may actually let us know

Debby, how I envy you your climate! Our garden gurus say to plant Coral
Bells in semi-shade. It would not work well with our irises, except those
that like shade, I guess.

Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
257 feet above sea level,
average rainfall about 50 inches (more than 60" in '97)
average relative humidity (at 6 a.m.) 84%.
moderate winters, hot summers ... but lots of seesaw action in all seasons