RE: Companion plants

May I jump in on the discussion of companion plants.  Interspersed among
the Iris I have quite a lot of Daylilies, Oriental poppies and daisies,
Even a few shrubs; coralbells in both semi-shade and sun.  Also Oriental
& Asiatic lilies.  And columbine, snapdragons, and even johnny jump-ups,
which do reseed profusely but I love them.  Would never consider them a
weed since they are so easily eliminated if one wishes. Just as I would
not consider grape hyacinths a nuisance.  They keep spreading and coming
up in unexpected places, but they're lovely amongst the flowering bulbs
in Spring.  I love the perennials because they return each year, and I
have a problem with getting around to planting annuals.  But I have set
myself a goal.  Will make a special effort to sow Shirley poppies this
Spring.

Lorraine in Quincy, where we didn't see much of the sun today and I
wasn't tempted to begin clean=up in the flower beds.  There has to be
better days.