OT: general iris musings

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: general iris musings
  • From: Mark Thornsburg <thrnsbrg@flash.net>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 20:42:02 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone...

I have alot of iris-related stuff I've wanted to talk about, but I have
to group them all together for them to be long enough to post.  Make
sense?

1) I finally found my maps!!!  They were in the cabinet above the
computer where I am sitting typing this...
2) I am *not* experiencing premature bloom like everyone else around
here (i.e. my next-door neighbor) and I think it's because my irises
have been covered with weeds all winter and up until just 3 weeks ago...

3) I noticed something very disheartening in Paul Black's catalog: there
is an iris called GIRL NEXT DOOR, and there is an iris called BOY NEXT
DOOR.  Only BOY NEXT DOOR is a "horny" iris.
4) I miss Patty Wenham at the Friday chats and I can't find her email
address :(

Okay, that's it for now.  Thanks for listening

Rusty