Re: Companion Plants

	Celia S. wrote:

>Debby, how I envy you your climate! Our garden gurus say to plant Coral
>Bells in semi-shade. It would not work well with our irises, except those
>that like shade, I guess.

	Like Debby, we plant coral-bells (heuchera) with both bearded and
	beardless irises. Ours are planted in full sun and keep producing
	flowers in our short summer as long as they are dead-headed. The
	only drawback is that during windy rain storms they fall over but
	I have just snipped them down at the base and they have grown up
	again and flowered.

	I have Asiatic, Oriental and a few species lilies planted in the
	middle and end of a large median bed. Daylilies do well with
	Siberians and so do daffodils...the beds have something in flower
	most of the summer. I also have some SDBs and Asiatic lilies in the
	front of a Siberian bed - sort of raised up for drainage.

	I have roses and peonies with Siberians as well as a few annuals.

	Cheers,

	Ellen (still snow covered but with the temps almost at 40 F, how long?)

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3