Re: SPEC: I. cretensis

  • Subject: Re: SPEC: I. cretensis
  • From: dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 17:22:38 -0500

From:	dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)

>Congratulations, Dennis!  My cretensis appear to be dead or on their way
>there.  They made a brief, weak attempt at growth.  One or two still have
>green showing so maybe there is some hope...

I have mine planted in containers filled with cactus soil.  I let them dry
out before watering again (when they're indoors).  They stay outside unless
the temps drop below 25 deg F.  Mine are planted such that the rhizome is
just at the soil surface or slightly below.  They're all increasing nicely.
I think they're supposed to be mixed colors, but I could be wrong.  In the
summertime they'll need a really good baking in the sun.

Does anyone else on the list grow I. cretensis?  What colors do you have?

Bill, I also noticed a bloom stalk on the japonica hybrid which you sent me
about 9 months ago.  Hooray for me again!

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, SLI, & Miami Valley Iris Society
(Check out my web page at http://home.fuse.net/dkramb/home.html)