Re: HYB: Is it a zonal

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Is it a zonal
  • From: "Merle & Linda Roberts" <irisbuff@televar.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:28:02 -0800

From: "Merle & Linda Roberts" <irisbuff@televar.com>

I hope youíre talking about Seedling #I-103B.  I consider it a zonal.  It
has distinguishing bright yellow flecks before the dark orange band on the
falls. Itís an excellent grower, but has very poor branching and has a habit
of opening two flowers at the same time on the top terminal.  It has no
pollen and I have yet to get a seedpod.  I wonít introduce this iris. Itís
just a pretty flower.  Merle
Merle & Linda Roberts
Grand Coulee, Washington
irisbuff@televar.com