Re: SPEC: I. cretensis

  • Subject: Re: SPEC: I. cretensis
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 20:30:56 -0600

From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>

> I like a hands on approach.  With detachable anthers, I trap the
> anther against my ring finger with my thumb and drag the anther down
> between the two leaving pollen on the tip end of my finger.
	I have a friend who scrapes the pollen off with his fingernail, then
dribbles it onto the stigmatic lip.  He uses saliva to wash in between.
Works for him, he gets a lot of crosses this way.
	Myself, I use a pair of locking tweezers and pluck the anther, the
tweezers are then used to swipe the pollen onto the stigmatic lip.  Nice
part here is no pollen to clean off the tool.

--
mailto:ddbro@llano.net
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7 Usda, Zone 10 Sunset