Re: HYB: Is it a zonal

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Is it a zonal
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:48:41 -0800

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Thanks Merle,
> I hope youíre talking about Seedling #I-103B.  I consider it a zonal.  It
> has distinguishing bright yellow flecks before the dark orange band on
> falls. Itís an excellent grower, but has very poor branching and has a
> of opening two flowers at the same time on the top terminal.  It has no
> pollen and I have yet to get a seedpod.  I wonít introduce this iris.
> just a pretty flower.  Merle

Yep, that's the one.  Sorry about the misdirection.  I'm not at my best
in the a.m., to say the least.  Too bad about the faults, because it
is an eyecatcher in the photo.  Apparently I'm drawn to the zonals since it
occurred to me that I have an inordinate number of them in proportion to
numbers introduced.  Less than five plicatas for comparison.  Can't explain
that exactly.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7