Re: OT:Catalogs - Lone Star Iris Gardens

  • Subject: Re: OT:Catalogs - Lone Star Iris Gardens
  • From: dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 06:20:17 -0500 (EST)

From: dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Ruth Simmons wrote:

> LONE STAR IRIS GARDENS
> 5637 SADDLEBACK ROAD
> GARLAND TX 75043
> 972-240-4016
>
> Dear Customer:
>
> This is a letter that I have dreaded writing, and have put off as long as
> possible hoping to write you a personal letter rather than resort to a form-
> letter. It is not easy for me to admit that Lone Star Iris Gardens can no
> longer continue to operate, or perhaps it is more appropriate to say did not
> survive the 1998 shipping season. J. Farron Campbell

Ruth, could you pass along a message for me to Farron Campbell. I am
really sorry he and his irises had such a tough time. I would dearly
love to get a couple of the Pryor's LAs and would be grateful to get a
catalogue. The Pryors recommended a couple of yellow reblooming LAs
which I really want to try out. LAs grow in my zone but maybe not all of
them. Heather told me her new yellows grew in England and New Zealand
which are zone 6 at the best. TIA. Hopefully,

--
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> <- private email address
cold edge of Zone 4 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

URL for the North American Native Irises web page
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html