Re: PCN seed germination question

  • Subject: Re: PCN seed germination question
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:53:52 PST

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Hi folks,
>I've just finished putting my seeds in pots and am wondering if PCN
>seeds should be put into the fridge? If so for how long?

I've grown two lots from seed now, and I soaked them for 3 days, then
potted them (individually in peat, or 'Jiffy' pots) and grew them on a
window sill (not very sunny) they consistently appeared after 6 weeks,
with very high germination rates. I grew them in our spring.
Ones I grew directly in the garden had very poor germination, with two
coming up after a year from planting. I haven't grown them in ordinary
pots, nor have I tried stratifying them, as I do with my TB seed, but
see no need to.
Hope this helps, Jan Clark (Australia)